Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Digital Marketing, Traditional Marketing. . .I'm working on learning Greek!

Hey gang,

Chris French here from Modern Midwest Entertainment.

You know, for the last few weeks, I've been taking a class on digital marketing. I have been working diligently to learn SEO, Key Performance Indicators, conversion rates and such, and I must say, it sometimes makes me feel like a dunderhead. I am, by no means, an unintelligent person. This is just something that is RADICALLY new to me. It's an amazing thing to learn things that I had only a slight inkling about just a few months ago.

Traditional marketing, via print, radio, television and the like, isn't the easiest thing to do. You have to have money to create the ads (except in my case, I can do radio ads for my businesses for free, as I have a VO studio and production capability in my house), in a lot of cases, you have to know the exact bullet points you want before you get an ad out there, and then, especially in television, your ad could be played back to back with your direct competitor's ad! On an interesting side note, radio stations are directed by the FCC NOT to play two ads back to back showcasing the same service or goods. Interesting, hm?

 Digital marketing, on the other hand, IS easy and inexpensive to do, IF you know the ins and outs of it. One of the big things to digital marketing is to know the keywords and anchors to use in order to get your website or blog to the first page in the search results on the major search engines. This is where SEO comes in. I'm still learning about SEO, and I'm still a bit confused about it, but I know that, eventually, I'll get it. Another thing about digital marketing that is making a big splash for marketers is social media! As you may or may not have noticed, I have added Twitter, RSS and E-mail subscription buttons on my blog here. That means you can follow me on Twitter, subscribe to my blog via E-mail, or just put it into your favorite RSS reader so you can read me at any time! Pretty cool huh?! I thought so too! Of course, you can find out more about me in the About me section of this blog, but why not click on the LinkedIn link on the side here? I don't have a Facebook widget yet, but then again, I don't have a Facebook page for MMWE or Chris French VoiceWorks either. I only have my personal Facebook page, which is for friends, family and people I've met through professional wrestling.

Well, gang, there you have it. A brief take by me about the world of marketing, both traditional and digital. I hope that you've at least learned something from this blog, and I can't wait to learn more about this myself!

SEE YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment